Friday, February 9, 2007

Day 40 | Feb 09 2007 | Vegetable Seller | Indian House Wife

Hard days work - Vegetable Seller.
Every morning, sun or rain, vegetable sellers like this aged man take out their hand pushed carts to sell their goods. They are mostly daily wage earners, pushing their carts in their territories, till they are reasonably sold out. The vegetables are mostly fresh, and ya, bargaining does help.

Hard days work - Indian House Wife.
I'm sure terming the wife as a house wife is not only politically incorrect, but I'm also running the risk of a 'morcha' (procession) against '365' by the women rights groups. But I'm taking my chances here, because I feel the picture converys a strong message. It's a picture which can be associated by many with the lady of the house. The mother, the sister, the wife, the daughter. Every day, sun or rain, they work... work hard and make the house our home. I salute to them all...

Behold the girl child !

1 comment:

Sandip Debnath said...

very nice and well written.. the photograph you choose here is a nice one. i like the symmetry , the transaction and overall feel... good work .. keep it up.